Salt City Market is about food, culture and people building generational wealth doing what they 🤍. The food business can be incredibly rewarding, but it can be incredibly risky and difficult, too. Great cooking is just the beginning.
Currently, all stalls at the market are leased, but this is not the only opportunity we offer. We also maintain an offsite, fully equipped and permitted production kitchen. With Love Community Kitchen – available 24/7 at a very low hourly rate – is the ideal space for aspiring restaurateurs and caterers to cook, hold popup events and try out for future openings at the market.
Through a partnership with Up Start, we also offer technical assistance from industry experts covering a wide range of topics such as:
- Refining your concept and writing a business plan
- Recipe development: writing, scaling, sourcing and evaluating margins/profitability
- Brand development and social media best practices
- Permitting and compliance with regulatory bodies e.g., Health Department, Department of Labor, Department of Taxation and Finance
- Bookkeeping (QuickBooks)
- ServSafe (Food and Beverage safety training)
If you’d like to learn more about the With Love Community Kitchen or Technical Assistance, please fill out the contact form and someone from our team will get in touch within 48 hours.